Workers compensation insurance
Although employers, at their own expense, can provide injured workers, as well as their family members, additional types of insurance compared to the list in the law, as well as provide additional payments and benefits to those established for insurance against industrial accidents and occupational diseases.
The employer's obligation to provide additional benefits to employees or their family members as compared with social insurance legislation may be provided for in agreements, collective agreements, other local acts of an organization, in an agreement with an injured employee or members of his family. The production of additional payments, as can be seen from the above, can be carried out by the norms of labor law.
The employer must:
- ensure healthy and safe working conditions at each workplace;
- take the necessary measures to prevent occupational injuries, occupational and other diseases of employees;
- carry out continuous monitoring of knowledge and employee compliance with the requirements of instructions on labor protection;
- promptly and correctly conduct investigation and accounting of accidents at work;
- in cases stipulated by the legislation and local regulatory legal acts, to provide timely guarantees and compensations in connection with harmful and (or) dangerous working conditions (reduced working day, additional leave, therapeutic and preventive nutrition, etc.);
- to comply with the norms on the labor protection of women, youth and the disabled;
- to provide workers in accordance with established standards with special clothes, special shoes and other personal protective equipment, to organize proper storage and care of these funds;
- to make compensation for harm caused to the life and health of workers, etc.
Workmans comp insurance
Benefits of collective insurance:
Tariff rates are lower + additional discounts from the size of the organization
Possibility of payment by installments (for example, quarterly)
Possibility of replacing the insured person when an employee leaves
Insurance is terminated from the moment the employee is dismissed. In this connection, the relationship for the payment of insurance premiums for insurance against industrial accidents and occupational diseases, as related labor, are included in the subject of labor law. Failure by the employer of the obligation to pay insurance premiums during the work of the victim is not a reason for his release from the obligation to insure this type for the entire period of employment.
An employee who has suffered from the employer's wrongful actions related to non-payment of insurance premiums of this type may demand from him not only compensation for damages, in particular, lost earnings before the moment of making insurance payments, but also compensation for moral harm. It should be noted that the obligation to compensate for non-pecuniary damage arising from an industrial accident or occupational disease remains with the employer.
By law, you are entitled to medical care. If for some reason you cannot work because of your injury, you will be given a cash contribution from your employer, which is paid out of the employee‛s insurance indemnity. How much money and how long you get this money depends on the state of your workplace. Your employer's insurance indemnity pays for medical care. Sounds great? Well, there is a trade off for accepting employee compensation insurance from your employer.